Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Recovery Day 35...

and it is Wednesday, so clinic was today. It went well. Ian continues to do well, and the doctors have told us now that he may be able to come home next week. Now, to be clear, just because he comes home doesn't mean we are home free. He'll still be watched closely, and he'll need to have labs drawn frequently still. He may also have to return to Atlanta on very short notice to go back into the hospital. This, my friends, becomes our new normal. It isn't normal yet, but I imagine it will be at some point.

Work was good again today. I met with the regional EHS manager (she was the one I was traveling with in Philladelphia when the call for the transplant came). I'm picking up some things to do at the Berkeley site here that will take some burden off her back. We've been moved into a new region again (third time since I started). It is going to be interesting to see what happens with her and what happens as far as how I am used in the region now. Time will tell...

Not much else to mention at this point, and it is bedtime, so I'm off!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home