Monday, January 19, 2009

Recovery Day 33...

and still no ideas for what to title these posts. I'm open to suggestions.

The drive back to Charleston was uneventful, which is usually a good thing as far as drives go. I made it from Atlanta in about 4.5 hours today. The traffic in Augusta is not so friendly as they are doing construction on I-20 through there. The speed limit is 45, but the lanes are both very narrow, so that's probably appropriate. I also came through there right at rush hour. Nice. Real nice.

I went to Circuit City after I got back (went straight there, actually). More than anything, I was scouting the goods. So far, the only things I'm even interested in are just 10% off... which is not much. You can get the same thing at 10% off at Best Buy just by watching for sales, so no need to rush into buying something.

Tomorrow is shaping up to be a hectic day. I have work, of course, but then I need to make it to the dealership to get a quote on fixing the paint on my Explorer. It is flaking from the roof, and there are some spots that appear to be developing rust. Need to resolve that now before it gets to be a big problem. That doesn't sound like much, but I have until 5 pm to get to the dealer before they close, and I leave work at 4. Still doesn't sound bad, but the drive is going to be at least 30 minutes with traffic.

It was not easy to leave my family again. I sure do miss having them around here at home. It was fun to play with Ian and Livy, and good to see Elaine and spend a little time with her. We are planning a family picture next weekend at some point, so for those who are asking for pictures, hold your horses until that point. :)

Well, I need to find some dinner and get my sorry self to bed!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home