Monday, January 19, 2009

Recovery Day 32 (at the start of day 33)...

means I should probably start to call the days something other than Recovery Day. I'll work on that. But we're through the first month all the way now, and Ian is doing great! He has turned the corner on the medicines and is quite the champ at taking them now. He is also great about letting us flush his PICC line, but he wasn't ever really bad at that.

It also means that my long weekend is almost over. I am leaving this afternoon to return to Charleston. Ian looked at me this morning and told me he wants me to stay with him, Livy, and Momma. How do you explain to a 3-year-old that you have to leave? I did my best, explaining that I have to be at home to make money so we can have a house and insurance and be able to occasionally buy him engines. That, somehow, seemed to do the trick.

Dad and Jenn are also leaving today to return. It was nice to have them here yesterday, as they like taking turns holding kids and helping out with things.

Here at the Ronald McDonald House, there are different groups that bring in food in the evenings for dinner for the residents of hte house. Last night's dinner was... well, it was odd. They had briskett with yams, spinach or crab quiche, rolls, salad, green bean casserole, and some brownies for dessert. Almost no one at the yams, but the briskett was gone. The quiche was hardly touched. The other items were eaten pretty well. We couldn't even get any of the crab quiche for Ian since he shouldn't have shellfish right now.

We went to the temple yesterday just to walk around a bit and get away from the House here. It was a nice trip and got us some fresh air and a bit of exercise.

I have a cracked knuckle on my hand. Every time I put Germ-X on it, it stings like the fury of a thousand hells. Just in case anyone wanted to know...

Dad and Jenn brought Ian some books and some new Thomas engines. He got Diesel 10, Farmer McColl's chicken cars, Bertie the Bus, and the sea aquarium cars. He's pretty stoked about that. That is very generous of Dad and Jenn. We certainly appreciate it. Ian is starting to have quite the collection now.

Well, I'll post more tonight after I get back to Charleston.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home