Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Recovery Day 28...

and I'm half way through the week. I'm more than a little bit anxious to see my family again. After 20 days straight of Ian, I sure do miss the little guy now that I'm almost a week of no Ian. Same goes for Elaine and Livy, of course. I got to see lots of them over those days in the hospital (Livy is huge now!).

Another productive day at work. I should wrap up a phase of one project tomorrow.

I spoke with Ian a bit tonight and got a good report on medicine taking. He and his mother told me there was not even one instance of the 'Sand People noise'. When Ian is protesting, his fake little cry sounds like the Sand People (Tuscan Raiders) on Star Wars. Its pretty funny, actually. If I get a chance to record it this weekend, I will. So, in other words, he is getting pretty much back to normal. He's always been one to adjust to medicine taking pretty well, even as a baby.

Back to the Sand People... I don't think Ian even knows what they are, since he hasn't watched Star Wars yet (he watched a bit of Revenge of the Sith with me). It will be interesting to see how he reacts the first time he sees them and hears them. Perhaps very soon on that, especially since he could probably handle Phantom Menace or A New Hope... I'll have to talk to Elaine. I could get in trouble if I just show it to him without asking. :)

The same day we watched a bit of Revenge of the Sith, I told Ian we were watching Star Wars. He later told his mother that we were watching Starburst (he loves them) before correcting himself and saying Star Wars. We thought that was pretty funny. Hopefully, you do too. :)

Anyway, not much else going on here. I am very tired.

Okay, enough procrastinating (thanks anyway, Melinda). I'm going to cover the resolutions one by one. A big goal I have is to lose a fairly large amount of weight. But how am I going to do that? Well, my first resolution is to work hard at eating healthy, even when I'm not home. So, to that end, I did start today. I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast, a couple granola bars for morning snack. For lunch, I ate a grilled cheese with a very small amount of potato chips (ok, so those aren't so good) and clam chowder (love the stuff since the Qualtrax Users Conference in 2007). For dinner, I had rice and chicken enchiladas (not fast food... I bought a frozen dinner to help me eat a bit better - don't be angry, Elaine). I've had one Vitamin Water and lots of plain water to drink. So far, so good today. Oops! For afternoon snack, I had a two small handfuls of the mountain trail mix from Wal Mart (its quite tasty). I figure with the nuts and other things there, it is filling enough to take the edge off without eating large amounts of it. I also chewed gum, but it was sugarless (Extra), so it doesn't count. Besides, it helps take the edge off the hunger when I'm not really hungry, just in the mood to chew.

Tomorrow is a new day, so we'll see how successful I am at starting another of my resolutions...

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:17 AM, Blogger Melinda said...

Hey, I gave you an out...Richard (well, me too), but he really has a plan for loosing weight. It totally stinks, but I'm figuring that enough of us are doing it, so that puts pressure b/c I don't want to be the only failure at the end of the year. Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home