Friday, January 09, 2009

Recovery Day 23...


is done now. No, that's not a bad thing. It just means I'm way tired. Ian's labs this morning were good, but one number stayed up a bit. All that meant is that he and I returned to the hospital around lunch time for him to get some fluids via IV. It took about an hour or so, and we ate Taco Bell and watched Thomas the Train. It was nice to get that time with him again for just the two of us.


We went to see some of the team after that to get a copy of his labs and say hi, and they told us to reduce his Prograf levels as they are a bit high in his body right now. As I have mentioned before, this will be an ongoing process until the right dose for Ian is found.


He was great today otherwise. He took his medicines pretty well (we used candy to bribe him). He was a great listener all around. He slept really well last night, waking twice, I think, to go potty. His body functions are nearly normal again.


After all this, I got Elaine's laptop ready and I left Atlanta to return home. I have some things to do here over the weekend, and I will return to work on Monday, barring any issues. I plan to return to Atlanta most weekends so my wife and kids don't forget who I am. ;)


Livia is growing like a weed! She's also quite the talker, and not afraid to let us know when she's not happy with the current status quo... and she keeps screaming until she gets her way. Definitely a strong personality, that one.


We are planning a new family picture sometime after Ian has more time to clean the bilirubin out of his body (he'll be pink at that point, not yellow). Livy has also changed enough that it is necessary to update her picture as well. Pretty exciting stuff to see your family growing up right in front of you!


Other than that, I think I have a very busy day in front of me tomorrow. Updates on Ian are now going to be secondhand since I'm not there to personally witness his shenanigans.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home