Monday, January 26, 2009

Recovery Days 39 and 40...

means I missed a day. My bad. On the other hand, I don't know that there is really enough to do a daily update. I'll probalby do it daily or near daily until the crew come home, then I'll go to weekly or bi-weekly updates.

Yesterday is a bit of a blur. We spent the day mostly at 'home' at the Ronald McDonald House. This was fine with me because it gave me time with my family before I flew back last night. The flight back was full, and I was all the way in the very back row of the plane, but I made it home and was able to get a few things done last night, so it was just fine. Besides, when you fly stand by, you have to take what you get.

Today started slowly. I woke up a few minutes late (not too bad, only about 10 minutes late), and got out the door to work. Work was largely uneventful. We have some training being scheduled for next week that I'll be conducting (safety training).

Ian's labs were good today except his Prograf levels. He's running about a 4, and they target the teens somewhere. They didn't raise his dose yet, but I believe they will on Wednesday. That being said, Ian has not been discharged from the area yet. They want labs done on Wednesday and to see him in clinic that day. At this point, I'm guessing it will be next week or in two weeks before he comes home, since I believe they'll want his Prograf levels stable first.

Tied to all this, a few things happened that made me very angry. I don't want to go into details because I'm trying very hard not to dwell on the issue. I am angry at the issue, not anyone in particular. It has forced me this evening to reflect on whether or not I'm being too harsh and too strict right now. It is possible. I think I'm going to spend a fair amount of tonight thinking and pondering this topic... so much for sleep, but that's the way my mind works. Sleep is overrated anyway, right? Okay, okay... I don't believe that either.

Why do we find ourselves, occasionally, at least, being so hard-nosed about certain topics?

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home