Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Again, long time, no post. I just spend most of my time busy with work and the kids, it seems, and feel like I have little time for much else.

The summer has come and nearly gone, with Ian starting Kindergarten in a week. That's strange to me that he is already five and ready to go to school. He is very excited, yet apprehensive at the same time. As I look back to the last two years that we've had in Charleston, it amazes me to see how much he has changed. He has been through speech therapy to address a stuttering problem and is now working on saying his 's' correctly. He's done well with that and I'm very proud of him. The school schedule is something we'll have to work out as we get into it, but right now it appears I'll be dropping him off most days on my way to work to delay him taking his Prograf as long as possible and getting as close to 8 a.m. as we can. He's excited to ride the bus home. I'm curious to see how long that lasts. I was never big on riding the bus, even when growing up in Utah and the only time we rode the bus was to go on a field trip.

Livia is quite the busy little person. She still climbs everything (Mountain Goat), and is still running and, now, jumping all over the place. She's starting to talk quite a bit, and is at least as opinionated as her mother. Easily as stubborn, too. :) HAHAHAHA She took off on me yesterday while we were downstairs (just she and I) and by the time I turned around, she was already all the way up the stairs. I heard her on the stairs and sprinted to and up the stairs. She was at the top, looked at me with a big smile, and said "Ta-DA!!!" I scolded her for going up the stairs, but also had to apologize for not putting up the gate. I knew I should have done that...

Elaine stays busy with her church calling and taking care of the kids. I know she needs a break, it is just a question of getting her to actually schedule it and go. As tired as she is, I cannot think of a time when she doesn't pull her own weight and then some. Her days are long as my commute keeps me away from the house a lot.

We're now about 20 months removed from Ian's liver transplant, and he continues to thrive. I thank my Heavenly Father every day for that blessing and that we are able to grow and learn together as a family.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Post a Comment

<< Home