Friday, August 24, 2007

We had another visit with the transplant center last week, and our little son Ian continues to defy the odds. His PELD is a 13 (though he is officially a 16 since he doesn't need rescored yet). We have been told there is not a medical explanation for how well he is doing. I am grateful for his growth and progress. It is not an easy thing to deal with for Elaine and me, but we welcome the opportunity to get to know our little son better each day and watch him grow. After seeing the story of another little boy, Carter Heckman, it makes me even more grateful. It is my belief that little ones like Carter, Ian, and others with biliary atresia, have an eternal bond and knew each other well in their life before this one. These little ones and the families involved volunteered to have this trial in their lives. Why we volunteered, I do not yet know, but I have had this confirmed to me several times by things others have said and by answers to prayers. It does not make it any less painful when things do not go well, and my heart goes out to Carter's parents even now, several months after their loss. I do not know why Ian thrives while others, like Carter, do not. I have nearly reached the point where I no longer ask God why... nearly, but not quite...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home