Friday, August 24, 2007

While in Atlanta for a transplant checkup, I had the wonderful opportunity to go to see the Giants and Braves play. The Braves took 2 of 3, which was disappointing but expected. The Giants have not played well this year, and are cellar-dwellers. I did get to see Bonds hit #759, though I thought Andruw Jones was going to get it. On Thursday, Mark came up and we went golfing at the North Fulton Golf Course and then to the game that night. It was HOT golfing... helps me better understand why they call it HOTlanta. In the first inning that evening, Bengie Molina hit a 3-run homer that came to our section, nearly right to us. It hit a row in front of us and about 4 people over from where we were sitting. The guy who caught it made a very good barehanded catch. I've never been that close to a home run or a foul ball before, but I hope to have many more chances. I would have gone for that ball, but there were small children in front of us that we would have had to trample to get to the ball... not worth hurting a child for a souvenir.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home