Saturday, March 03, 2007

Spring is in the air... uh, sort of. It is warmer than February and very windy. I think that counts.

Okay, okay. So it has been quite some time since I entered anything here. Why rush things? :)

Ian continues to do well. We had a visit to the tranplant center in early February, and the doctors are still pleased with his health. They certainly understand our frustration in having to wait, but the system exists for a reason. Ian's PELD was a 12 from these labs. We have noticed some apparent variation in the different labs. Whenever labs are done here at home, his score climbs. Whenever labs are drawn in Atlanta, his score falls. Coincidence? Not after this many times! Coincidence is not usually consistent as well.

Work is absolutely chaotic. We are still completing the move of the Envirosealed division from Chattanooga, TN, to Christiansburg, VA. On top of that, we have a customer coming to audit the processes (which are not yet completed due to the transition). Add in that we are currently doing feature specific testing for the Qualtrax 4.o release, and I am busy enough that my wife doesn't see much of me. Yeah, don't ask her how she really feels about that. You'd get an earful. :)

Speaking of Elaine, she and three friends took a much-deserved road trip for the weekend down into North Carolina. This is her first real getaway since Ian was born 20 months ago, and she is just plum tuckered (I always wanted to use that - in honor of you, Mark). I have heard from her, so I know she's okay, but she is doing what she is supposed to and being away. I anticipate a much relaxed wife when she returns.

Our family vacation is coming up later this month. I think all three of us are looking forward to this (can a 20 month old look forward to something that he has no concept of?).

I went golfing with a friend today, possibly for the last time. He has accepted a position with his employer and is moving to Hagerstown, MD on Monday. It was a little on the windy side. That always makes the game... how shall I put it... more interesting? But seriously, golf is golf, wind or no wind. We enjoyed ourselves, which is the main point. I also ran into someone I worked with six years ago. We spent a few minutes catching up and reminiscing, as well as updating each other on where people are now and what they are doing.

Hmm... you would think I would have much more to say, but such is not the case.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home