Monday, June 18, 2007

A regular post... but I ask myself, "Self, why do that?" And I answer myself, "I dunno." But I do it anyway. Yes, on occasion, I talk to myself. Everyone does it, some of us just don't tell the truth about it.

We had an overall good visit with the transplant center last week. They did quite a few transplants in May, moving Ian up the list by attrition. His PELD did rise a bit to 19, but from a 17 that's a pretty small increase. In spite of that small climb, it was enough to get him up to the top of the list for his size. The doctors believe he will get his transplant some time this summer. We are excited, anxious, and nervous all at the same time. Basically, our little one goes from healthy to the brink and then is brought back. Kind of a strange way to think about it, but seemingly true to us. Most people never pay attention to organs until one isn't working quite right. Thankfully, Ian will never know differently.

Work continues to be very busy. Not much else to say about that.

Short post this week, but I think that will do for this time. Out for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home