Wednesday, August 08, 2007

I have noticed that it takes an event to get me to enter something in my blog. Today's event: 756. That's the career home run total for Barry Bonds, and he did it in San Francisco. Not a cheapie, and I certainly appreciate that the Nationals pitched to him instead of around him. I've enjoyed watching baseball, especially the Giants, over the last few days while he approached and then broke the record. Given that they stink (the Giants), I don't expect I'll see much more of the Giants on tv.

I am looking forward to going to see the Giants play next week. Again, I'm going to attend all three games. This time, my friend Mark will be joining me for the third game. I will enjoy seeing them play live... there's nothing else like it.

Tied to that trip, Ian has a checkup with the transplant center. His score continues to jump around (cue House of Pain), with nothing indicating he'll receive his transplant anytime soon. We just continue to wait. Overall, life is pretty good, I think (part of that is the euphoria from seeing that home run). And if it isn't the euphoria, why not? Life is short. We should enjoy it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home