Sunday, December 28, 2008

Recovery Day 11...

makes me glad I decided not to let hopes get ahead of reality. We remain in PICU. Ian had a slight fever last night, so they decided to leave him on his meds just to be sure. The fever broke shortly after it started last night and immediately after I gave Ian a blessing. All the tests have come back negative (no sign of problems), thankfully. The tentative plan is, again, to have him come off the PGE tomorrow around 5 am, take an ultrasound, and if it looks fine, then we'll move to the next floor. I am hopeful, but not counting on it. There is more freedom on the next floor, including visitors and the ever important food.

We may be dealing with some slight regression (which we were warned about), but its also very selective. Ian has started to poop his britches, but only when I'm the only one here. Otherwise, he's fine to go on the potty. Why is he torturing me? I'm trying bribes now to break it. Threats are the next step, but those are never effective, so I'll probably be working the bribe scene until I find something that works.

We took another walk today, this one right before nap, and Ian was great with it. He also was down and around the room a bit to play with trains. I believe he's enjoying the freedoms of playing again, and what kid wouldn't? He's also more interested in food as time goes by, which is a product of the steroids (not the kind that can 'Pump you up'). We're slowly working in a greater variety, and he even told me today that he'd try a hamburger or cheeseburger when I have one next time (that's right, he's never eaten one... no interest). We'll see if that holds true.

That's it for now, but more will follow tomorrow.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Blogger Ben Turner said...

Never had a burger! Hilarious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home