Saturday, December 20, 2008

Things appear to be swinging in the right direction. The last few sets of labs have shown an overall improvement in liver function. Ian has also shown an overall improvement in function.

BTW, last night absolutely sucked. Ian would not sleep unless I was standing right next to him holding his hand. As long as I did that, he slept okay. But he'd wake up a few minutes after I left his side and cried a lot. I finally figured out how to keep him asleep around 3 am after neither of us had slept much. Seemed pointless to me for him to not sleep when it was in my power to help him rest, so I pulled up a chair and did what I could to sleep next to him while holding his hand. He did okay sleeping from that point on. I didn't. I figure I got about 30 minutes of sleep the rest of the night. I figured that out by adding up the minutes between times on the clock for periods I know I was asleep. Yes, I did have that much time on my hands.

Elaine came over today and got to spend a fair amount of time with Ian. This was very good because I know she feels like she's not doing enough, but with her being the only one available to feed Livy, she's got her hands full there. While she was here, I managed to crash for about 3 hours. That was huge. Livy was even cooperative in the waiting room with Grandma Meldrum. Yet another example of how Heavenly Father's hand is evident.

Ian has, to date, had about half of his tubes and other connections removed. He still has a few to get rid of, but all things in time. Like I said, overall, I'm pretty pleased with his continued progress. More tomorrow...

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the number for the Atlanta Area Hotline for the La Leche league of Atlanta, GA (404) 681-6342. One of my most trusted professors, who is also an expert in child development said that this is the best place to go to help your daughter take a bottle.
Much Love-
Crystal :)

 
At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad things are going well, I am sorry you are tired but it is wonderful you can be there for Ian.
Our prayers are with you.
love
Mike, Tania and Owen Horne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home