Sunday, December 21, 2008

Recovery Day 4 is going very well. Last night was much better than the night before. Ian and I had to have a very late night chat, but I managed to convince him that it was best for both of us if he'd let me get at least a little sleep. I think it also helped that he hadn't been asleep the whole day. :) We both managed to get to sleep and stay asleep.

I'm still behind on sleep, but I got a couple more hours when Elaine came today. I awoke to find my sister-in-law and another familiar voice in the room. When I rolled over, I discovered that my friend Mark Duncan had stopped by to check on us. It was very nice to see him, and a big surprise. We talked for a few minutes, then he left as he was on his way back home to MS.

Ian got to eat today! He was very excited when Dr. Heffron told us he could resume a normal diet. He didn't even have to step up from one thing to another. It was a big help that Ian's Kasai was done well, because Dr. Heffron said he could use the same connection that was created then. Pretty cool. They are also further convinced that Ian's liver has turned the corner. We are still not out of the woods, but things seem to be going well on his end. He's still yellow, but his bilirubin has peaked and appears to now be falling. His spirits are up significantly. He is also urinating like a champ into the little portable urinal they provided. It'll be interesting to see how he does when the next bowel movement comes.

Not much else to mention for now, but if there are any big developments this evening, I'll post them later today.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 5:16 AM, Blogger Richard said...

Things are sounding great. I hope and pray for the best always. People here are talking about Ian and it is obvious there is a lot of love here for him and your family.
Take care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home